Property Accessibility Statement
The Inn at the Oaks was built in 1893 in Eastham, MA, and is designated as historic under the State or local law (§ 36.405 Alterations: Historic preservation.) Thus, we are not able to offer handicap accessible accommodations since such alterations would destroy the historical significance of the property. Here are Inn at the Oak’s accessibility limitations:
- Six steps to the main building entrance doorway and no wheelchair ramp.
- Two steps to the Carriage House building and no wheelchair ramp.
- A gravel driveway to access both buildings and the gardens.
- No elevator to guest rooms inside either building.
- Fifteen steps to the 2nd floor using the back stairs in the main building.
- Sixteen steps to the 2nd floor using the front stairs of the main building.
- Sixteen steps to the 2nd floor of the carriage house.
- Fourteen steep steps to the 3rd floor of the main building.
- Three steps from the 1st floor hallway to the tea nook.
- Seven steps from the dining room to the outside breakfast patio.
- Four steps from the back porch to ground level.
- Narrow hallways and doorways that do not accommodate wheelchairs or scooters.
- Our rooms/suites have a combination of antique claw foot tubs, regular tubs and shower stalls; however, none are wheelchair accessible or ADA compliant.
Guests with legitimate service dogs will be provided access to all areas of the Inn where members of the public are allowed to go. Emotional support animals are not considered service dogs.
Website Accessibility Statement
The Inn at the Oaks is committed to making our website accessible to people with disabilities. We have designed our website to be accessible for impaired users to see, navigate, interact, and understand the content provided as per the World Wide Web Consortium’s Web Content Accessibility Guidelines 2.0 Level AA (WCAG 2.0 AA). We have tested the functionality of this website with the Google Chrome Accessibility Audit tool. We have also manually tested keyboard-only functionality so that people who use screen readers or can’t use a mouse are able to navigate through website pages efficiently.
If you find you are having difficulty determining availability or booking an accommodation via our online system, please contact us at the links below and we will be happy to assist you directly. As we continue to improve our website functionality, we appreciate your concerns and suggestions. We welcome impaired users to share accessibility issues you may find.